People2People marketing connects the needs of your target audience by clearly understanding the problems they are confronted with and what the best solution to the problem will be. Ultimately, if you follow the process of connecting people’s problems to solutions, you can best articulate how your product or service solves this problem and make yourself stand out from the competition.
If you can then clearly state your “why” in less than 25 words, you have a relevant and memorable brand message. This messaging has to be unique to your organization – your competition can’t lay claim to what you are saying otherwise you are a “me-too” proposition. Many top brands are able to state their brand message in less than five words!
5 Steps for using People2People Marketing to Develop Your Brand Message:
- Understand your target audience and demographics – Spend time to really understand who you want to buy or use your products along with their demographics such as age, gender, income level, education level, job title and location. Write this down and then rank who will be the early adopters or raving fans of your product/service.
- Determine the problem for your target audience – What challenge are they facing that is driving them to search for a solution?
- Describe what the best solution is for your target audience – What would your target audience find to be the best choice in solving their problem?
- Write a problem solving statement – A good one connects the problem in the market today with the best solution for solving the problem.
- Craft your brand message – Try to develop in less than 25 words the problem solving statement for your product/service that uses your understanding of the market. Test the message to ensure it is clear, simple and concise.
Once you’ve gone through this process, you can fine tune your brand messaging to develop three to five supporting statements that help to tell your “why” in the market – why choose your organization or brand over others. From here, you’re ready to start telling your organization’s story to inform, educate, entertain or inspire your target audience. When a brand’s marketing strategy is supported through People2People marketing and storytelling, you clearly state the intention and value proposition that support your organization’s overarching vision.
The biggest mistake we see is jumping in and trying to develop go-to market strategies without spending time up front to properly understand who you are ultimately selling to and the problems you are solving. Trying to be ‘all things to all people’ dilutes your message and makes it harder for your prospects to break through all the noise and process the information you are providing to them.
By focusing on People2People marketing, you’ll clearly articulate the value that your organization brings to the market and generate the results you desire.
#marketing #brand #messaging #People2People